The Board of Education believes that:
- Education is the shared responsibility of students, family, school and community
- All students can learn
- All learners deserve equity and opportunity in their education
- High expectations promote success
- Exemplary education is the result of professional growth and continuous school improvement
- All learners are entitled to a safe learning environment
- Education promotes a healthy sense of self and encourages personal achievement
- Learning is lifelong
The Lake Orion Board of Education is charged with setting policies that govern the Lake Orion Community Schools. The Board of Education also hires the District's Superintendent to implement and enforce those policies. Board members serve four-year, staggered terms.
The Board of Education meets at least once a month to approve, add, or revise policies and to issue contracts and authorize payment of expenses. Board meetings also include reports from the superintendent, staff and schools. The meetings also afford an opportunity to showcase student and staff achievements. Usually held on the second and fourth Wednesday's of each month, the meetings are open to the public and include time for public participation.
Click on the link below for more information.
School Board Policies
School Board Operating Procedures