Awards and Recognition
- Named a 2012-2013 Michigan Department of Education High Performing Reward School.
- Named one of the top 30 schools in the State of Michigan for student achievement. Michigan Department of Education - June 2010
- Earned Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) for the 13th consecutive year for high scores in the areas of Reading and Mathematics.
- Earned Michigan Evergreen Status - (2009-2010 / 2010-2011 / 2011-2012 / 2012/2013); Previously recognized as Michigan Green School.
- Energy Star School 2nd year in row
- Member of the Character Counts® National Program.
- Paint Creek Elementary continues to be a Bucket-Filling School.
- Thirty iPads, purchased for enhancing student learning, are utilized in a variety of ways throughout Paint Creek; mobile netbooks are also used in classrooms and through our Media Center.
- Monthly School Newsletter created by Upper EL LRC students "By Kids, For Kids".
- Home of Paint Creek Elementary LIVE! Student-run live news broadcast airing each weekday morning.
- Paint Creek students raised over $3,500 through our annual Math-A-Thon for St. Judes Hospital - helping to treat children with life-threatening illnesses.
- Our Student Council raised $450.00 for the Lake Orion Lions Club and hosted food drives for Orion/Oxford FISH and families in need in our community. They continue to give generously through Candy Gram sales, hat days, and serve our school daily.
- Our students RECYCLE laser and ink jet cartridges, crayons, water bottles, paper, styrofoam lunch trays, glue sticks/glue bottles, plastic caps, metal hydride and lithium batteries, and Capri Sun juice bags.
- Our 4th grade recycling team has helped to recycle over 320,126 tons of paper since Paint Creek opened in 2000.
- Paint Creek is a Cell Phone for Soldiers drop-of site.
- March is Reading Month – Our theme “Read S’More” followed a camping theme with students “devouring” book after book to far surpass our established goal.
- Power Tutoring - After-school support program for students who are academically at-risk.
- WIN! time for all students whether needing intervention or academic enrichment.
- S.T.E.P Up! Parent Mentoring program
- H.O.P. (Help Our Peers) Peer Tutoring Program
- Student Support Team - Building team working with students who have academic, behavioral or social needs.
- RtI (Response to Intervention) for students who are “at-risk” and in need of support to maintain academic growth.
- Paint Creek Elementary/G.A.P. After-School Enrichment program offers extended fun learning opportunities or all students.
- Community Circles - Paint Creek builds our school community through intra-grade level meetings focused on the Pillars of Characters: Fairness, Trustworthiness, Respect, Responsibility, Caring and Citizenship.
- SPLAT! (Study, Play Learn, and Talk) is a neighborhood program offered to students to increase learning in an environment outside of the school setting.
Family and Community Events
- Annual Paint Creek Science Fair and Art Show
- Annual Paint Creek Talent Show
- Learning Support Services (LSS) – Trip Around the World!
- Kindergarten Nursery Rhyme Family Night
- “Dinostarz”- 2nd grade performance
- IKIDAROD hosted by our 3rd grade
- Recorder Concert - 4th grade students
- “The Granny Awards” - 5th grade performance
- Career Day – Hosted by our 2nd Grade
- End of the Year Carnival